Camping is a great way to spend good quality time outdoors with family, friends or even by yourself. There is just something about getting outdoors for a short period of time and enjoying a more simple life, if even for only a few days, that can bring peace, happiness and pleasure.
Camping can help people get away from their modern lifestyle and enjoy everything that nature has to offer and is a great way for families and friends to get out and explore nature in a way that most people don’t always get a chance to.
Camping is even sometimes used as a form of relaxation and therapy to help people unwind and get away from all of the stress that is in the day to day lives of most people.
Since the outdoor lifestyle can be such a drastic change from the modern lives of most people there are often things that are not planned for or thought of while people prepare for a camping trip.
In order to help make things a little easier for you we have provided some camping tips, ideas and other helpful information below to aid in camping trip preparations.
1. Food – Be sure to bring plenty of food for everyone and it’s always better to bring too much food then not to bring enough food. Make sure to bring any special food needs that anyone in your camping party might need. It’s also a good idea to bring food that are at least fairly easy to prepare.
2. Water – make sure to bring plenty of water for all of your drinking, cleaning and other water needs just in case good clean water is not available at or around your campsite.
3. Supplies – Make sure to bring everything that you can foresee a need for. This includes food (discussed above), cooking utensils and cookware, batteries, clothing for all climates, firewood if you will be having a campfire or using to cook by, a first aid kit, and prescription medications as well as things like aspirin, antibiotic ointment and things along those lines, water coolers and ice chests, cleaning supplies and sleeping and bedding supplies like sleeping bags, blankets and pillows.
One good way to try to help you plan for any potential needs that you may have while camping is to go through what you think will be a typical day while you are camping and writing down anything that you would need to fill your requirements.
4. Communications – It’s a good idea to bring cellphones with you on your camping trip although you might not be able to use them in all locations, depending on where you are camping, how remote the location is and the type of terrain where you are camping. Try to also bring a CB radio also as a CB can sometimes allow communication with emergency services when a cellphone is unable to.
5. Compass – It’s also a good idea to bring a compass just in case you decide to go out hiking or exploring the area. Keep track of the basic direction that you are going and the direction back to your campsite and/or and roads or highways if at all possible. It can be easier to get lost in the wilderness that it is in the city so although you may think that you will not need a compass, it is still a good idea to bring one just in case.
6. Lighting – Always remember that you will need a source for lighting. Although some camping areas have electrical access, most do not and even if the campsite where you are camping does have access to electricity, it is still a good idea to bring alternate sources of lighting like flashlights and lanterns.
7. Knives and Tools – It’s recommended that you bring at least a few good knives that can be used for many things as well as some basic tools including a hammer and axe as these are commonly needed and used while on a camping trip.
8. Fire Starters and Firewood – If you will be cooking by fire, using a campfire for lighting at night or there is even a remote chance that you may need to start a fire then make sure to bring plenty of firewood and multiple things that you can start a fire with. This is something that many people forget to bring.
9. Insect Repellent – It’s a good idea to bring insect repellent while camping because people are usually exposed to a lot more insects and many different types of insects that they usually are around their homes and workplaces.
10. Toiletries – Make sure to bring plenty of bathroom supplies for all members of your camping party. Nothing can ruin a camping trip more than not having bathroom necessities available to use and having to find an alternative for your bathroom needs.
The above camping tips that we have given you cover the more basic and the usual needs of most campers. There are however some differences in needs for different people and families and these should be thought of and planned for prior to any camping trip that you are planning on taking.
So, one of the best tips that we can give you is to tell you that it is a good idea to sit down with everyone that will be going on your camping trip and go through your needs and what exactly you are planning on doing while on your camping trip and try to address and note any other needs or requirements that you may have.
Having a fun, enjoyable and relaxing camping trip can really be beneficial to us in many way so make sure to plan and prepare for your camping trip to get the most pleasure and enjoyment out of it. Enjoying nature and our environment by going on a camping trip can be one of the most enjoyable experiences that we can experience so get out there and go camping!
If you have a question or comment on the article above the please feel free to leave us a reply below.